Air Systems created full turnkey solutions for our customer, including plumbing, piping, HVAC, electrical, and controls. Leveraging our relationship with long-term vendors and EMCOR Group’s global purchasing agreements, we were able to complete approximately 12 months’ worth of work in a six-month period.
Veeco needed to quickly convert an existing office building into a high-tech clean room and laboratory facility, complete with 9,344 square feet of Class 100,000 clean room space.
We were chosen based on our ability to work efficiently in tight time windows, and for our expertise in creating innovative mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) solutions.
For this project, we:
- Provided turnkey HVAC, plumbing, process piping, and electrical solutions
- Worked in functioning clean rooms without disrupting employees’ daily activities
- Utilized lean construction methods to accurately sequence tasks and communicate critical path predecessor and successor tasks between all trades
- Developed controls methodologies and sequence of operations
- Installed 8,000 feet of conduit and 50 building management system (BMS) control panels
- Installed control solutions for centrifugal chillers, humidity controlled make up air units, recirculating air handlers, rooftop A/C units, high-pressure process exhaust fans, metering, electrical switch gear, and process gasses
- Performed integrations between the new facility and Veeco’s existing facilities across the country, enabling the client to have a simple, seamless user experience
- Reduce annual energy costs by installing a waterside economizer for the processed chilled water loops with an internal rate of return of 23 percent
Veeco is a global technology leader that designs and builds processing systems used in semiconductor and compound semiconductor manufacturing.