Air Systems was the design lead for this project, and we performed 3D building information modeling (BIM) on all mechanical and plumbing systems. The project consisted of three 85,000-square-foot two-story office buildings, one 90,000-square-foot cafeteria building, and two parking garages.
The modeling work allowed for prefabrication of the boiler skids, restroom cores, ductwork, and piping mains in our shop, resulting in $2.5 million dollars’ worth of value engineering ideas.
VMware needed knowledgeable, innovative HVAC professionals to help with their 448,000-square-foot campus expansion. Air Systems was chosen for our expertise in design/assist HVAC solutions.
For this project, we:
- Self-performed 3D BIM on all mechanical and plumbing systems
- Designed ductwork and piping to run between truss systems with very little room for error
- Helped ensure product quality by utilizing a laser total station for precise hanger support locations
- Minimized field installation time and improved the construction schedule through prefabrication of boiler skids, restroom cores, ductwork, and piping mains
- Structured work crews to work within tight building turnaround schedules
VMware is a leading cloud computing and virtualization technology company headquartered in Palo Alto, CA.