Air Systems installed updated HVAC systems during a renovation project at our customer’s existing facilities. We also worked closely with the design-build mechanical contractor, Western Allied, to develop an effective occupancy sensor solution for the building’s lHVAC systems.
Penumbra was looking to make improvements and upgrades to the HVAC, lighting, and mechanical systems at their Emeryville, CA site, including bringing the facility into compliance with the California Building Energy Efficiency Standard Title 24.
Our long-standing service agreement with Penumbra made us an ideal partner to help with this full-scale renovation.
For this project, we:
- Installed hot water systems, including new boilers and pumps
- Equipped first and second floor units with variable air volume (VAV) boxes, 120 units in all
- Installed rooftop AC units
- Designed occupancy sensor solutions that involved embedding sensors into thermostats
- Installed variable refrigerant flow (VRF) HVAC systems
Penumbra, Inc. is a global healthcare company focused on innovative therapies that address challenging medical conditions and significant clinical needs.