Air Systems provided seismic and interior tenant improvements, including a new accessible entry ramp, to an existing wood-frame, Type V-B building. We also made improvements to the building’s mechanical, electrical, and lighting systems, resulting in energy use 20% below the prescriptive code design.
The City of Berkeley, CA needed to make improvements to their existing mental health services facilities, including seismic improvements and mechanical upgrades. Air Systems’ expertise in total facilities solutions made us the ideal partner for the project.
We delivered the following:
- Planning and specifications pre-construction services
- Installed variable refrigerant flow (VRF), high-efficiency HVAC systems
- Provided direct digital control (DDC) systems for full building automation
- Seismic, mechanical, electrical, and lighting system improvements
- Constructed accessible entry ramp
Berkeley Mental Health Services provides mental health services to eligible adults, children, youth, and their families. Services focus on low-income residents and unhoused people with severe mental illnesses in the Berkeley, CA area.